Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dust

I've never had to deal with as much dust as things in this house kick up.

I've been having a trying week. I doubled my medication and I've gone from anxiety to body spasms to the scariest nightmares possible.


So to shake off the willies, I went over to the cape and decided to start sanding the kitchen door and frame.

I'm giving the woodwork a light sanding so my paint will stick. All the woodwork is an oak color and is super shiny. Now that the floors are so dark, the oak looks ridiculous. I'm painting the woodwork with Behr Ultra Pure White Hi-Gloss Enamel Interior/Exterior Paint.

Sanding helped me feel a little better, I won't lie.

I went from this:
To this:
I've gotten one side painted white, and it's sitting, drying. I didn't do the frame and I'm too short to even access one part, so I'll make Guy do it when he gets home :)

I really want to get the kitchen done. I've got a stove and fridge ready along with the wallbase in black. I picked out the wall color, too. The cabinets are going white (duh) and the walls Pebble Grey by Glidden.