Monday, January 28, 2013

May I Gush?

I'm tickled with the changes we're making at the Cape. I really am!

Over the weekend my mom saw that Big Lots was having a store-wide 20% off sale. After hitting up our local Sears Outlet and finding NOTHING in the way of washers and dryers that had decent prices, we decided we'd see if we could find some good deals at Big Lots. Lo and behold over in the hardware, they had Guard doorknobs (locking exterior and bed and bath), in Aged/Antique Bronze, for $8.00 a piece! Knock off 20% and that brought them down to $6.40 each.

I was thrilled! Not only are the polished brass knobs in the house dated, but not a one of them matches another.

I've only gotten the kitchen and entryway done as far as sanding, priming and painting goes. I love the kitchen in Glidden's Pebble Gray, and the white I'm putting on the woodwork brightens the place up substantially.

Have a look for yourself.

It's sooo late in the day, but I'll probably head over to the Cape and start sanding and priming the office's woodwork and perhaps the master bedroom, as well. I'm having a hard time moving today, and I've already downed a cuppa.