Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Living Room Color


I had no problem choosing the color for the kitchen, but I've gotten countless color swatches for the living room. I want something green, but without too much yellow. Or blue. Or too dark.


Nothing seems perfect.

The closest I've gotten is a Benjamin Moore color called Creekside Green and a Glidden called Hazy Sage. The colors on the walls now, I was not so affectionately calling "Banana Cream Pie". My husband said it was more like something else, bananas foster or banana split or mashed banana mashed banana. We found the almost *exact* match in Glidden. BANANA CREAM PIE.

Mm. Anyway, the color is offensive to my delicate sense of style, and incredibly warm, giving the room a sickly orange cast. Maybe now you can understand why I fear a green with too much yellow in it.

Benjamin Moore "Creekside Green"
Glidden "Hazy Sage"
What's in the room:
Crystal Spider Lamp in "Pewter"
Mainstays Poly Duck Strip Curtain in "Palm"
Hometrends Welgrove Floor Lamp
Sofa and Loveseat in "Stoked Midnight"
Erias Home Designs Suave 49 in. x 13 in. Framed Mirror, White (3)