Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolution: Kitchen

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas! It's time for me to start getting the Xmas stuff down, and that gets me thinking about getting back on track with this house. It's so easy to get distracted from the onset of fall, isn't it?

I think my next target is going to be a room that got a slight makeover, the kitchen.

We painted the walls a nice, neutral gray (from a 90's puke puce) and replaced the linoleum (what was left of it, a fake parquet wood linoleum), per the POS.

Glidden Pebble Gray and Armstrong Slate Sand & Sky
Those minor changes got the room looking presentable. I'm left with the cabinets and this vent thing above where we put the refrigerator.

It's supposed to be a vent for the oven but upon poking around upstairs, it has not one, but TWO 90 degree bends, and it's not powered! I've been itching since day 1 to take a sledgehammer to it and howdoyalike that, Guy got a sledgehammer for Christmas!

We also have a newer, smaller, deeper steel sink waiting to replace the old, shallow one. I'm torn on cabinetry. I'd love to suck it up and have a consultant come in, but in that world I'm also Princess of the unicorns.

Weird vent thing upper right.

Could I move around cabinetry I already have? I think it would like nice to put shorty cabinets over the fridge after that vent wall is knocked out. Then I need to think on countertops and cabinet colors. Accent lighting has to happen in here, too. There's no window by the sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment