Sunday, June 2, 2013

A place to store your socks..?

We've been without a dresser since we moved in. That's nearly six months! Our underthings are in BOXES in closets.

The trouble is, everywhere I looked, dressers were too expensive, too ugly, or too "aged". I wanted something (initially) that was curvy (think Queen Anne) and had cabriole legs. I want to be the one to paint it or stain it, and I kept running into a lot of pieces that were already "refinished".

So we're at Unique thrift store with my brother and his girlfriend the other day and I spot a short, wide dresser with clean lines and stiletto legs, clearly from the late 1950's to the 1960's. I look at the price taped to the top and how about that, $19.99! I love the legs, I love the Danish, mid-century vibe.

We grabbed the tag, paid, loaded it into Bambi and took it home. It's in the garage at the moment, somewhere between done and this, the condition we got it in:


Dresser top.

It came with hardware, but I'll be changing that anyway.

I'm so excited to finish it off and bring it in! I'm going super modern with it. Oh, and no more socks in cardboard boxes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment